iOS 9.1 has released to public on 21st October in 2015 with lots of new features, improvements and bug fixes. Just you can get its awesome features after iOS 9.1 download on your iDevice. iOS 9.1 supported all iPhones, iPads and iPod touches. You can check your device that is it compatible or not for iOS 9.1. The new firmware is available to download from OTA called over-the-air or iTunes.
How to download iOS 9.1 – Usually, every iOS firmware updates are available on OTA or iTunes. If you think to use OTA update, simply open the Settings > General and click Software Update. But keep in mind that if you like to gain cydia facilities for your device, then you should avoid iOS 9.1, because OTA updates do not work with jailbreak. 313MB is the OTA update size for iPhone 6s plus but it may be different with your iOS device.
iOS 9.1 final version is the result of the five beta stages. During this short period since 16 September to now, we saw apple four iOS version updates like iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2 and iOS 9.1 with various improvements. The new version is offering new features for upcoming Apple TV4, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with two new accessories and it properly supports for smart keyboard and apple pencil. Even apple has included updates to the live wall papers and more than 150 emojies for you.
iOS 9.1 Download Supported Apple Devices
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini with retina, iPad mini 3, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- 5th Generation iPod touch, 6th Generation iPod touch
What are the new features, improvements and bug fixes of iOS 9.1 download?
- Fixed some apps’ issues.
- Fixed some Calendar issues to become unresponsive in month view.
- Fixed an issue of Game Center from launching for some users.
- Latest emoji characters like cheese wedge, burrito, Unicode head, taco, middle finger, latest Unicode specification and more than 150 emojies.
- Live photo feature improved for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus
- Improved multitasking feature during multitasking UI.
- Resolved an issue that zoomed some app contents.
- Fixed problems of incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts.
- Messages issues fixed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages.
- Fixed some activation errors on some carriers.
- Improved some stabilities – Carplay, Search, Photos, Safari
iOS 9.1 Jailbreak Status Update
Keep in mind that there is not any tool release for iOS 9.1 jailbreak. So you cannot jailbreak iOS 9.1 for install cydia. Therefore, if you have an jailbroken idevice, do not upgrade your deivce into iOS 9.1, because it will be kill your favorite installed tweaks, apps and more with cydia. According to apple, any jailbreaker won’t jailbreak iOS 9.1. Anyhow, now everybody ready to accept iOS 9.1 jailbreak tool. If any website offers download links of iOS 9.1 jailbreak tool, don’t follow them, because it is not true.