Apple released iOS 8.0.2 for the public after failure of iOS 8.0.1. The latest update is most importantly about fixing cellular service deactivation and Touch ID finger print problems which occurred due to last iOS update. In addition, the new iOS 8.0.2 update included all the enhancements and error fixes which were available on iOS 8.0.1. The last week should be a very tough for Apple since the failure of the first update for iOS 8 and as same as iPhone 6 plus bent issue.
How to downgrade from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8
Apple released iOS 8.0.1 yesterday for several bug fixes and improvements on iOS 8. But within several hours Apple realized that they have done a big mistake as tons of complaints receiving from iPhone users worldwide. iOS 8.0.1 may occur problems with disabling cellular service and touch ID. If you have already upgraded your device into iOS 8.0.1, now you can downgrade your device back to iOS 8 within few simple steps.
- Download appropriate iOS 8 firmware here
- Settings > iCloud > switch off “Find my iPhone”
- Connect your device to the PC with iTunes
- Click SHIFT + Check for update button on the device page of iTunes
- Select downloaded iOS 8 IPSW
- Proceed with iOS 8 installation and you are done
How to delete iOS 8.0.1 update file
If you have only downloaded the iOS8.0.1 update and not installed yet, You can delete the update file easily as follows.
- Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage.
- Select iOS 8.0.1 (1.1 GB file)
- Select delete and confirm to remove the file from your storage.
Apple released improved and bug fixed version of iOS 8 today. The new version is iOS 8.0.1 and now available for download on any iOS 8 compatible device worldwide. iOS 8.0.1 is weighed 72MB for upgrade from iOS 8. You can download iOS 8.0.1 at Settings > General > Software update.
iOS 8.0.1 features and improvements
- HealthKit apps bugs fixed
- Error fixed 3rd party keyboards deselected when passcode entry
- Photo Library access permission error fixed
- Improved the reliability of the Reachability
- SMS/MMS messages cellular data usage error fixed
- Ask To Buy for Family Sharing improved
- iCloud backups ringtone restore error fixed
- Photo uploading and Safari video errors fixed
Renowned iOS hacker MuscleNerd just tweeted not to upgrade iOS 8.0 if you need to enjoy jailbreak features further more. Here is his tweet extracted from MuscleNerd’s twitter profile.
To 2014’s new jailbreakers: if you update to today’s iOS 8.0, you’ll lose your JB and won’t be able to go back to 7.x. Beware!— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) September 17, 2014
You will not be able to downgrade iOS 8.0 once you upgrade your device. The only way to downgrade it if you have iPad 2 with 4.X or 5.X blobs as he said. Apple released the new iOS 8 with hundreds of new features few minutes ago and It’s available on compatible devices to direct upgrade via Apple upgrade server. Check what you need to know about iOS 8.0 here.
Apple just released iOS 8.0 to the public. Now you can download iOS 8.0 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod from the Apple web site. This is one of the biggest iOS update according to the Apple. The new iOS 8 bundled with lots of new features like new message, Photos features, New keyboard, Health app and Family sharing with iCloud drive and many more. The new update weighed 1.1 GB from iOS 7 to iOS 8.0 upgrade.
How to download iOS 8.0
- Go To settings >General > Software update
- Your device will check for latest update and will prompt ios 8 download if your device is compatible
- Tap Download and Install to get iOS 8.0
iOS 8.0 compatible devices
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Airl, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2
- iPod Touch 5G
iOS 8 at a glance
Enhancement in messages
- Send voice, Video or Photo.
- Group messages renamed as conversations.
- New interface enhancements for Location and attachment view.
- New editing tools added.
- New Brightness, Contrast, Exposure, Highlight and Shadow controls for fine tuning.
- Smart albums for Slo-mo video, panorama and Time laps videos.
- New time-lapse mode added
- iPhone 5S supporting burst more on front camera.
- Panorama option for iPad mini with retina and iPad air.
There are hundreds of new additions and improvements on iOS 8. Looks more better than previous iOS versions. You can experience the new iOS directly from Apple update server or iOS 8.0 IPSW are available for direct download below.
iOS 8.0 IPSW for direct download on compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod
- ad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
Jailbreak iOS 8.0
There is no Jailbreak for iOS 8 yet. Please refer our section about iOS 8 jailbreak for new updates. We will bring you soon as a trusted jailbreak is out for iOS 8.0. iOS 7.1.2 is still being signed if you want go back from iOS 8 beta to iOS 7.1.2 although the iOS 8.0 is released. Signing the old iOS version will be stopped very soon and be quick if you want to go back and enjoy the Jailbreak features until iOS 8.0 jailbreak released.
The new iPhone6 plus starting from 299$ with two years contract. iPhone6 plus is available in 3 different storage sizes as 16GB, 64GB, 128GB and 299$, 399$ and 499$ respectively. Also available in Gold, Silver and Space gray.
iPhone6, iPhone6 plus pre order
Apple will start iPhone6 and iPhone6 plus pre order from September 12 and Will be available in USA, France, Hong Kong, Canada, Germany, Singapore, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan from September 19th.
Apple introduced their new iPhone models few minutes ago. iPhone6 and iPhone6 Plus. World thinnest smartphones ever. iPhone6 has over 1 million pixels and iPhone6 plus with more than two million pixels. iPhone6 plus is the first iPhone Phablet.
iPhone6 and iPhone6 plus in brief
- All-new design.
- Retina HD display.
- A8 processor.
- New barometer.
- Advanced wireless.
- Improved iSight camera.
- HD video.
- iOS 8.
iPhone6 Plus and iPhone 6 Display
iPhone 6 Plus has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 with 401 pixels per inch. That’s full 1080p HD resolution. iPhone 6 has a resolution of 1334 by 750 with 326 pixels per inch. For a more than 720p Retina HD display.
iPhone6 plus processor
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are powered by the Apple-designed A8 chip. The A8 chip has up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics. The M8 coprocessor continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
iPhone6 plus special features
iPhone 6 has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation. The barometer is great for fitness apps. iPhone can now tell if you’re going up molehills, mountains, and everything in between. iPhone 6 has faster LTE than iPhone 5s. It also has more LTE bands than any other smartphone for better roaming.
Apple will release iOS8 officially today. We don’t know how long it will take iOS8 to be available for old devices worldwide, but iPhone6 should definitely comes along with iOS8. Since there were several months iOS8 beta period, most of iOS developers has experienced new features of iOS8. Here is the complete list of devices which compatible with iOS8.
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, 5s
- iPod touch 5
- iPad 2, 3, 4, air, mini and mini with retina display
Unfortunately the iPhone 4 is missing in the list which means iOS8 won’t be support for iPhone 4.
Apple store is currently down for preparation of the iPhone6 launch event. It has taken down officially at 5.00 a.m. PT for update with new products. It’s only 2 more hours to start Apple’s special event for launch their new products and iOS version. Sometimes this event might be historical for introducing Apples first wearable device iWatch. Keep in touch with us for latest news about iPhone6 launch event.